Would you take a 20-min ice cold shower?

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hey, Nick Stahl


09:16 Sunday January 28/2012


Celebrities I continue to run into include, and are not limited to, that dude from "Notebook," Ryan Gosling, and Nick Stahl. I ran into Nick Stahl again today.


There's Nick Stahl. Is there anything I want to say to him? Perhaps, "Hey, Nick Stahl. We met at Starbucks in Santa Monica when I worked there about 8 1/2 years ago. Hey, look here (looking down at the logo on my hood), I work a retail gig again, and hey, you're still an actor, right? What're you doing on the bus? Plan on getting drunk in downtown?" Or, maybe just, "Nick Stahl? How're you doin'?"


I don't know what to say to Nick Stahl after running into him again.


So, I sat 2 rows behind him staring a hole in his direction thinking, If he starts a conversation, okay.


Then, I started to think the most guilt-fueled thoughts:


What if he dies tonight and I didn't invite him to church?

He looks tired. I'm not talking to him.

I want to get home and not guilt myself out about Nick Stahl. I don't have anything to give him in this moment and I don't have any requests of him.

Should I give him my design card? Why?


Then, I started thinking that therapy for my apparent co-dependent tendencies and attraction to emotionally unavailable, drug-addicted white guys would be a good idea. Step in the right direction. Not that Nick Stahl is emotionally unavailable or drug-addicted. Seems like a regular guy. Gettin' coffee. Ridin' the bus. Actin'.


Then, I started to pray. My prayer is between me and God, although I will spill the beans once it is realized.


So, yeah. Nick Stahl. "Nice tattoos."